[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: cookies and privacy

Hal wrote:

> I think this would put control over the whole cookie situation back into
> user's hands.  I don't think there are many legitimate situations where
> cookies have to be sent all the time like they are now.  Too much is
> going on behind the user's back.  Let's make it more visible and put it
> under his control.

I hate to reply twice so quickly, but Hal hit on it perfectly: return cookie
control to the user.

I want a screen in my browser that lets me view all the cookies given to me,
with a listing of who gave them to me, and a justification for why they gave it
to me (which would have to be added to the cookie spec).  Then let me delete or
maintain as desired.  Put this in my hands and I'd be very happy to see who is
giving me cookies and why.

-j

p.s.
The persona idea in my other email is IMHO still a good one; however, this one
only takes a bit of work at Netscape and MS to give me a control interface to
my cookies.

--
Joe Andrieu                   Internet Developers Association
President                       http://www.association.org

Follow-Ups: References: